I managed to get the books put together well enough to get the tax accounting done at the end of the year. We got the crops harvested and shipped out or stored in the bins as needed. I got beat up on prices pretty good, sold on falling prices just to make sure there was enough to pay for all the upgrades. Still, we came out OK.
On the brighter side: We put a new roof on the garage, the dryer system is a very major improvement! Lots less labor, better drydown, less fuel usage, better storage, better electrical service…., just plain better for every one all around. The major upgrades on the farm are done, and we have accomplished it without taking on debt. I feel good about that!
The farm looks good. Nola would approve I think….